Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I had my taxes done at j-h 2605 San Pablo Ave Berkeley, CA 94702. After I was done the guy hade me sign all the paper work then I had to give him a thumb print. A day later I get a call from the girl who was sitting at the front desk saying it did not go through I had...

I am still trying to get my money and june is almost here my son graduation is coming up 2 of my children birthdays just past and I really had a lot to do with that money jackson hewitt employee stole from me. JACARI DIXON I know you have a lot to do with my check being stolen I bet you even split my money with who ever you reissued my check to and ERROL WALKER you know somthing to plus you lied saying you did not ask me for my thumb print both of yall need to be locked up with the rest of the criminals and may god help both of you cause you do have a problem I will be praying for yall you really put my family and me through a whole lot and I really hope yall can pay for what you have done to us and others.

View more comments

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service - do not go there

Our taxes were done incorrectly, to say the very least.We detected the errors ourselves and tried to have the information corrected, at that branch. It turned out we had to go to another office,a good distance away, several times to correct the errors.We never got a refund for the payment to have the taxes done in the first place. I would never ,ever tell anyone to use Jackson Hewitt. In fact,I tell people what a nightmare it was .If you want to save yourself alot of grief, never, never waste your money on that service ,go anywhere else or do it yourself.

Yes, I am going through a nightmare situation right now with Jackson Hewitt. The tax preparer at a Fresno, CA branch completely screwed up my tax refund.

She had no idea what she was doing, and now I have to get my taxes re-done by someone else.

I'm even thinking about filing a small claims lawsuit against them to recoup the fees I paid to them. I'll never use Jackson Hewitt again.

I'm dealing with pretty much the same situation! I advise everyone to not go there!

I filed in Jan.

and called the IRS in May and they said it hadn't even been mailed in yet! :(

Did you try to speak with the owner? What City, State were your taxes prepared?

Since it is a franchise, it shouldn't reflect badly on all locations nationwide. Maybe someone at the franchise or corporate level can address your concerns...

View more comments (2)

BOYCOTT JACKSON HEWITT

Still wont give up on harassing me over money that THEY ALREADY TOOK.You people and your so called company's practices are just pathetic you know there are laws set in place just for the purpose of HARRASSMENT and you've certainly done a great job at playing that on people and the deceit I really don't know how much longer you people can get away with the lies you've created all on your own. I guess its true what they say you have to lie more to cover up the last one.I'm happy to say that I don't lie to get my way again my taxes were 600.00 and some change all I was getting back was 471.00 the IRS took it have no problem with them but I do have a problem with jackson hewitt do not defend them to me ever
tina1974beddard

I went into the office yesturday around lunchtime, did my taxes, was assured that they were being sent to the IRS as soon as I was leaving the office, could expect 1500.00 today on the card... this morning another branch calls me to ask some of the same ?'s I answered yesturday, come to find out my taxes were never sent to the IRS until sometime today, here it is 9 pm, and Ive still not heard anything, no phonecall to tell me whats going on, no respectful worker, actually was very rude and short when I called, and still NO MONEY, now cause the IRS is closed for the weekend prolly wont see anything till maybe Monday! So yes im pissed, this is my first and last year there, I will be back @ H & R block next year, never again will I be a customer there, if u are thinking abt using them, please think twice b4 you end up in my situation!!!!!!!!!!!!

me a river :cry

WOW this guys is totally clueless!! They did your taxes, they didn't get paid because someone took your refund and now you are pissed because they call you to get paid? Man you're a loser.

Chances are you had an IRS or other debt thus, if you applied for a RAL it was denied an you were flipped to an Assisted Refund. If your refund was offset by the IRS, the refund might not have been enough to cover your fees which were supposed to be deducted from your refund.

I suppose Jackson Hewitt is responsible for your poor financial management skills. Quit blaming others for your short comings.

They sent your return without you paying a dime. Do you always complaint out free stuff you stole?

View more comments (4)
Review
they continue to harass me about the fee they already took from my taxes being filed they already got their money.I never got mine because they failed to tell me that the IRS was taking my money for back taxes owed which is fine there practices and the way they conduct...

:( :( Went to J.H. For 7yrs.

Always got the gold package to protect our *** . Which cover taxed audit for 15yrs. To our surprise got certified letter saying we owe almost 900.00 for 2009. So, called those idiots and they said we had to be there by 7pm to sign papers.

But we wanted to lookin to it, now they say cover your butts for 15 yrs well its 2012. IRS took there money this year. Cause the idiots that work for jackson hewitt. Take a *** load of your money.

For what to use turbo tax, a step by step program. Next time anybody goes there just pay there min.

now we are in process of a legal battle. For a 600.00 gold plan they dont even reconize.

View more comments
Loss

Jackson Hewitt in Oak Forest, Illinois - Computers down

i have been a loyal customer for 10 yrs of jackson hewitt and i will never use their services again in my life. i had many many problems with them this year. they said my refund would b posted in 2 hours, it took three weeks to be exact, which left me hurting real bad. the tax preparers are not very knowledgable at all, couldnt locate my paperwork, and had no idea where their ipower cards were or when they were coming. They're printer stopped working so i signed nothing, then the computers went down in the middle of my apt and could not finish til 3 days later...not a happy camper at all!!!!!!
Review

Jackson hewitt lexington commons store richmond virginia

I call this store to ask a tax question frist they answer the phone with just hello ,then the girl said she could not answer my question to go the the irs.I was asking question to see if I could make up my mind to change over the having them do my taxes but if the lady could not take the time to talk to me and the fact that she not proud of where she works to answer the phone with the company name and her own name then I fell that this not a company that trans thier personal how to care for thier clients. this lady was just rude to me

i had the same problem with this office

Review

Jackson Hewitt in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania - I wished the jan loan went thru how about 2011

I had no problem with the nov loan but the jan loan didn't happen which I really needed. Will jackson hewitt offer it next year meaning both?These are life savers.Also where could I have cashed my check other than a check cashing place as at the time I had no account, and couldn't wait for it to clear in a new account.The wolf was inside the house and at my kitchen table having my coffee.I was told to go to TD BANK which said they didn't honor the checks, they suck,big time.
alias

WalMArt cashes our checks for $3 or $6.

Review

Jackson Hewitt in Flippin, Arkansas - Tried to slip in extra fee.

after getting my taxes done she said it would be$272.i wrote a check.when signing for my tax returnes there was a form that had gold guarantee on top with a fee of $40 .i ask what it was.they explained i said i didnt want it.tried to talked me into to it.they refunded my money from the $272.i dont like the fact they tried to sneek in a form without asking me from the beginning.wish i didnt let them do my taxes.by the way they are located in walmart.that should have been a red flag.

Ipower charged me an additional 140 dollars on my second installment. I inquired but was given the run around by both Jackson Hewitt and by Ipower.

I used Jackson Hewitt for the last 7 years, but after this I will not be using them anymore.

If there is a class action suit concerning bogus fees I want in on it. Shadtek@hotmail.com

I am sorry this happened to you. I always ask all of my clients every question that is necessary so that they can receive every credit they deserve and so that they fully understand what they are being charged for.

I have NEVER given a Gold Guarantee without fully explaining what it is and helping the client determine if they would even need it. Some people are trained to charge without asking. I refuse to do so.

Before I became a tax preparer I always used Jackson Hewitt, and was furious when I realized all of the questions that were not being asked of me. Know ahead of time that there are many deductions that can be taken that many preparers are not making clients aware of because they may not want to take the extra 15 minutes to get you your best refund.

View more comments (1)

Jackson Hewitt deceives IRS

When doing my taxes after getting married my refund was going to be less than normal. The tax preparer asked me to wait while she spoke to her manager. They both came back to where i was sitting and told me to take my husband off and file as maried but seperated. Stating if we claimed to be seperated for @ least 6months out of the year that everything would be ok. i did not and got less back of course but I don't think they should be allowed to do this kind of thing it may get someone into trouble in the long run!

I can see your point and often wonder how these loop holes will catch up to us in the future, but the IRS gives you the option to file separately because no one can be forced to file together. In my state a legal separation is considered to be the day you do not live together.

This does not really pertain to your specific situation, but just giving a little information. :)

Review

I have an ipower card issued by jackson hewitt. I made an atm withdrawl on 2/5/10 bank reimbursed

I made an ATM transaction on 2/5/10 and was shorted by the ATM by $150. The ATM bank made the correction and posted the refund w/in a week. It has been almost a month now and Jackson Hewitt placed a hold on the funds and locked my card the day the refund was submitted so i was unable to access any funds or make any transactions. They unlocked my card 24 hrs later with a hold on the refund! I had the merchant contact them several times to release the hold and we even did a conference call which still has gotten us no where!I have been a customer of J hewitts for 10yrs and will no longer use there services. I am contacting an attorney regarding the interest that is accruing on my $150 J hewitt states may be 90 days to process my refund!

In this case, you should contact the customer service number on the back of your card to inquire as to the reasoning it is taking so long.

You should also review your Term and Condition and Fees to see if there is any charge for this call. If there is, you can also write to the Customer Service division to see what can be done to expedite the release of this hold.

I promise you it was NOT Jackson Hewitt that caused this problem, but the bank who deposited funds into your account. Those cards are not the property of Jackson Hewitt, but the property of the bank.

We never have the opportunity to interact with those cards in any way other than to assign it to a client. I would always recommend a check or direct deposit anyway so that these sorts of problems are not encountered.Without a card you get to control your own money with no additional fees attached.

#120211

Don't think they r allowed to hold funds that do not belong to them after Visa recharged the amount back to your card :?

View more comments (2)