Jackson Hewitt - Charges for my taxes

I was charged 450 dollars for a 1040ez completion.I am a single dad and claim one son….

They completed my taxes and had to resubmit at that time I was presented with a 450 dollar bill and told it was doubled because of the resubmit…. I was not told this prior to it only after, at the end…….exceedingly deceptive This company does not tell you at the beginning what the charge will be. They never once told me it was double charge for the submitting again.

they advertised for like 40 dollars.DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THey are very sneaky and no forthright

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Tax Preparation
Review category
Tax services
review #586388

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jackson Hewitt? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 28 #1219551 Scottsdale, Arizona

It's not a 1040EZ you have a son who you claimed which means it is no longer a 1040EZ.

0 0 Reply

Jan 31, 2015 #939000 Semmes, Alabama

It's not an 1040ez if you have a child on it. Also are you considering you got child tax credit additional child tax credit and probably eic. The price of 40 was for an actual ez

1 0 Reply

Jan 25, 2015 #936095

I agree that this is out of reason, by far. Contact them back and let them know that you are not going to stand for that charge. You may have to go to small claims court, but don't let them get away with this. More than most CPAs would charge for a 1040.

2 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jackson Hewitt. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Jackson Hewitt.
Filing a new complaint about