After filing taxes with Jackson Hewitt in 2005 at a busy office, on 95 & South Western ave in Chicago, One of tax prep guys tried to bribe me saying he could get me out faster if I gave him some money $50.00 under the table.I declined, when I got called to him to do my taxes I heard him whispering to the lady next to him "she didn't give me ***, I'm gonna make her pay anyway".

After he was done doing my taxes, Thank GOD that I decide to take the gold guarantee (much to his dismay). Long story short, the next year I was audited (taxes snatched) by the IRS because of a mistake he knowingly made. I made nearly 300 calls to JH corporate and local offices to have them make good on the gold guarantee. Because it was off tax season and the original filing office was closed permanently, I was sent from office to office.

NO ONE at JH wanted to touch my claim saying I had a problem because the original filing office was now permanently closed and they did not want their office charged for the mistake, since it wasn't their offices mistake. Meanwhile, I moved out of state. I talked to several people in my new state and I threatened legal action against JH. Finally 1 lady in the whole of the JH company filed my gold guarantee claim.

Finally, 2 months later, JH's insurance company decided to came through. I would finally receive over $4,000 almost 2 years to the day the guy jacked up my taxes. DO NOT USE Jackson Hewitt the gold guarantee means nothing and they have too many shyster's working for them WITHOUT any accountability. If there is ANY TYPE OF A PROBLEM, they will shuffle you around and pass you from office to office until you decide to leave them alone!

RUN AWAY FAST from any JACKDON HEWITT OFFICE.Let my and others experiences on this site be a warning to you!

Review about: Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparation.

Had an Experience with Jackson Hewitt?

Comments

I AGREE, DON'T USE JACKSON HEWITT!!

Piedmont, California, United States #236288

H and R Block holds it's tax preparers accountable for any mistakes and tries as hard as possible to satisfy the clients every need. HR's insurance product works as advertised!