1.3
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I first had JH file my taxes in 2015 and all (except their very high rate) went well. When I had them file for me in 2016 I was pleasantly surprised with a sizable refund.

While they were preparing my 2017 return they discovered that the refund in 2016 was an error and I was now required to repay the refund I had received plus the actual taxed owed for 2016. I recognize that I am responsible for those taxes and had no problem paying them. I did, however, buy their "golden coverage" insurance policy which they told me I was entitled to a $1,500 benefit. I then spent the next several weeks providing them with additional information so they could file the claim.

When I checked on the progress a couple of weeks later I was told that I needed to provide them with proof that I had sent the amended return to the IRS. I did that. My taxes were paid in full March 4. I have yet to receive or even hear from JH or the insurance company.

Now, after tax season, they are closed. Guess I'll not see the $1,500 so I'll have to file a formal complaint with the Insurance Commissioner as well as the BBB.

Review about: Jackson Hewitt Tax Refund.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

They do not stand behind their work. Their guarantee is useless.

Please file your complaint. There are thousands of sad stories online of how JH stole from hard working Americans.

Something needs to be done. Jackson Hewitt is a huge scam.