70 views

I went into the Jackson Hewitt office in Jackson, Tn and had my taxes electronically filed. I had my 2017 taxes electronically filed by them on Oct 15th, 2018 since I had done an extension.

I received a copy of everything I filed on that day and a receipt dated Oct.15, 2018. Months later I received letter from the IRS stating my 2017 taxes were not filed and charged me $3,200 for failure to file penalty and interest. I called Jackson Hewitt and was told to ignore the letter because the IRS was behind because of government shutdown and letters were just automatically sent out. This went on for months.

I then get a letter my property was going to be seized by the IRS if I did not pay the penalty and interest. Jackson Hewitt then said, don't worry, they would get it adjusted. I heard this for months and then they stopped responding. My taxes did not get filed until 7 months after they supposedly filed them electronically.

I had to pay the IRS for the screw up Jackson Hewitt did by not filing. Never would I use them again. The person that did my taxes was the district manager.

Never have I meet someone so dishonest in my life. She just kept lying to me and then stopped responding.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jackson Hewitt Manager.

Location: Dyersburg, Tennessee