I went into Jackson Hewitt with my last pay stub December 17 and was told I was approved for $200.00 advance after tax preparer filed my taxes and told me I was getting back close to $8000.00 after he prepared my taxes, Went back in there today with my W2 for them to tell me the information the tax preparer put in was all incorrect and the amount he gave me was wrong. The tax preparer had inputted $7000 somewhere when he should have put $700 and than he put a 0 where he should have put a 6 long story short this tax preparer has messed up my taxes and had no clue what he was doing.

This is unacceptable and its not right. I have been in customer service for over 15 years and when it comes to taxes errors like this that involve the IRS are not suppose to be made. People come into the tax places because these people are suppose to be professionals and that's not what I got.

I will not be paying that advance of $200 they gave me and I will be seeking legal advice this is false advertisement to tell someone they will get a certain amount back to get them to get the advance and after they receive the advance tell them something else its not right and i will not let them slide. I have over 5000 friends on facebook and I will share this all over the world and also over 1.2k followers over the world on instagram this is not acceptable and god knows how many other people taxes done got messed up by this man and gonna have to answer to IRS behind this error this is not right

Product or Service Mentioned: Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparation.

Comments

Jackson Hewitt is a joke. There workers only get one week of training. They don't care about customer service they only care about the money

Im suing for false advertisement says advance within 24 hours gone past 48 hours now still nothing.

@Anonymous

That advance is through Metabank. Completely seperate legally binding agreement that you signed. If you got the 200 advance you owe Metabank.

Whose return was it ?

Yours.

Who ultimately signs off on it ?

You do.

You can and should file an amended return.

Preparer's error, maybe. Your responsibility to have corrected. Carefully inspect prior to signing and filing.