Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

The same thing happened to me. Approved for $400 in December, which made it on the card fine, and 2800 with W2.

Got an email after completing my taxes stating I indeed was approved and the money would be loaded onto the card. An hour later received another email saying they were unable to load the money to the card and a check would be sent. I should receive it in 3 to 5 business days. Called many people at JH and Metabank to find out why.

Apparently I had to register my card. Not one person along the line told me this was required. Wasn't on any paperwork either.

Well they state they mailed the check on 1/23, it is now 2/2 and I have yet to see a check. I'm furious with how much I was charged in fees when I'll probably get my money from the IRS before I get this "advance".

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Yes I am sorry no one told you, you had to register your card that is the 2nd part of getting you advance last year it wasn't like that the advance just came on the card they gave you but this year it was different but come on as adults we have to take some responsibility if I really needed that advance I would have asked is the advance coming on this card when they gave it to me and would have asked if there anything I had to do yes it is definitely their job to let the customer know but it's also your job cause it's your money to double check

Filing taxes in a cubicle in the aisles of Wally World or the block... Yeah, never going to happen.

Went into jackson hewitt did my taxes on thursday was told within 45 min ill recieve an email on the advance never got an email its going on 48 hours now still nothing i will not be back next year my family member went to H&R block today and already got his advance how sad is that.