BEWARE OF JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's Manager, Maurice Singleton stole my income tax check and had it deposited into his Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Payroll Account.

I ended up having to fight Jackson Hewitt Tax Service for about three months to retrieve my stolen check.

IRS Agents advised me that Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's Manager, Maurice Singleton made fraudulent errors on my income tax check. Maurice Singleton made those fraudulent errors without my knowledge.

At the request of the IRS agents, I had my taxes re-done by another Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Manager named Ron, who told me that I now owed IRS $3707. Ron told me to leave the paper work with him. I assumed because all of this was Jackson Hewitt Tax Services fault, not mine, as I was victimized by Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's Manager, that they would remedy the situation. WRONG!!!!!

When I filed my taxes the following year, I found out differently. I received a letter from the IRS the following February saying that I owed IRS $3707 PLUS penalties and fees, from April 15th the year prior, which included the time I was not even in control of my check because it was stolen.

I now owed IRS over $4000, including $99.00 rapid refund service charge that Jackson Hewitt's Manager, Maurice Singleton added in to get my refund check deposited into his account.

I had to miss two days from work to testify against Singleton who was prosecuted and sent to jail. There were three other people who also had their checks stolen by Singleton, who also testified against him.

There was a host of others that Singleton made the same and/or similar fraudulent errors on their tax returns, who had to get their taxes done over and also ended up owing the IRS thousands of dollars, just like me.

This was no fault of ours. I/We came to Jackson Hewitt Tax Service to have our taxes done by a reputable company. While I believe Jackson Hewitt Tax Service should assume responsibility for all this mess, Jackson Hewitt Tax Service has not at the very least even offered me an apology, let alone pay the penalties and fees which is supposed to be their basic guarantee for any errors.

I called the local office run by the franchise director, Kathy Corson. First I was told to write a letter to Red Cent Inc in Tampa, which is where the franchise owner is, George Alberici. I heard nothing from my letter so, two days ago and she told me to call JH customer service at 18002341040. I called and they had not record of me and sent me back to the Kathy Corson. I just keep getting the run around.

By the way, the customer service hotline was in the Phillipines!

Jackson Hewitt does not stand by their work. So, BEWARE! BETTER YET, RUN, GO SOMEPLACE ELSE AND GET YOUR TAXES DONE.

CECELIA KELLER – any questions or if you were also victimized by Jackson Hewitt Tax Service please contact me - ceilkeller@hotmail.com

Review about: Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparation.

Had an Experience with Jackson Hewitt?

Comments

I have one QUESTION for JACKSON HEWITT,Where is my $10.00 REFER A FRIEND CHECK?

The fees and Penalties along with what was 'stolen' from you should be paid back by the person who committed the crime. I am truely sorry that you had such a terrible experience.

I work for Jackson Hewitt.We have a lot of training and a lot of practice before we ever see a customer.

Alas, all the good training in the world will not cover for the dishonest people. They are in all walks of life.

Please remember when letting anyone do your taxes that you are responsible for them.Here is a big hint, if you don't sign, then you haven't filed and should investigate why.

lol You just got screwed by Jackson Hewitt, so why did you let them fixed your tax they screwed up the first time? I got ripped off and never again I'm going back there.

All i know is they better not mess my tax paper up this year this is my 1st year using them

i am a jackson hewitt preparer and i agree every company has a bad apple it shouldnt ruin what the rest of us have worked so hard for

I AM KIND OF DOUBTFULL ABOUT THIS MESSAGE POSTED OF STOLLEN CHECK. I THINK IT IS JUST A PLOY BY A COMPETTTOR, THAT OVERCHARGES CLIENTS, TO GIVE JACKSON HEWITT A BAD NAME. BESIDES THERE ARE STEPS YOU CAN TAKE WITH THE IRS TO DETERMINE IF ANY FRAUDULANT ACTS WHERE COMMITED

to Angelique #811246

Nope Angie...it is TRUE bc this just happen to us April 15, 2014. Our Jackson Hewitt in Robertsdale, AL tax preparer named Wally Painter took out of our refund their fee of $545.00(the most we had ever paid) TWICE that's $1090.00 out of our return. Dammit!Gumby what did we ever do to him????:(

#221951

I am an experienced Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer.We are independently owned & operated.

I am an Enrolled Agent in good standing w/ the IRS. I have prepared tax returns for over 15 years. I work for a Franchisee that is honest and hardworking. We are experienced, knowledgable return preparers with fair pricing and excellent customer service.

I can tell stories of many times I've resolved a client tax issue and it has changed thier lives!

Helping to keep folks on the right track w/thier taxes :)

I reccommend our service anytime, anywhere!One bad apple should never be allowed to spoil the whole pie!

to taxempress #811250

Hey taxempress...Google Jackson Hewitt on the World Wide Web (www.) It's a WHOLE LOT MORE THAN simply ONE (1) BAD APPLE. I surely feel *** being robbed by a store front (Jackson Hewitt) man in a suit (Wally Painter)for taxes that were originally robbed from me by Uncle Sam...catch my drift? :x