I called Jackson Hewitt to inquire about their advance program, where you can receive an advance on your tax return. I asked if a persons credit played a role in whether or not they were eligible to receive an advance.

I was told it had nothing to do with your credit history. Except that I was denied an advance, FOR THAT VERY REASON. I had my refund projected based on my final pay stub for 2017. The lady that did my taxes told me I was getting 3,333.00 from Federal and 424.00 from state.

Tonight I went for my appointment to have my taxes filed, and I was informed that the income was put in wrong. The person that processed the projected refund only put me down for a yearly earning of $18,000. I showed the tax agent the EXACT pay stub I gave for my projected refund, which shows my yearly earnings to be over $40,000! There is no excuse for a miscalculation of such magnitude, especially if you are supposed to be a TAX EXPERT.

My refund dropped to a little over $1300!!! I refused their services.

Their incompetence is astounding! I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone EVER!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jackson Hewitt Tax Refund.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

#1532082

Don't have your taxes done at Walmart. The person that did my return could not speak English so he messed up my address. even after I had them correct it they didn't correct it with the IRS it's been four months I had to call the IRS to correct there mistake myself.