We paid almost $300 for them to file our taxes for the year 2011.We received a lovely letter from the IRS saying we were paid too much money back.

Come to find out, the *** didn't put in my husband PA unemployment that he was receiving after being medically discharged from the Army. We didn't catch on at the time because we had both kids with us, it was in a Walmart center and we were trying to keep the kids from distracting her so she can do her job. They agreed to pay the interest and fees, but we still have to pay back almost $4,000.00.

We just bought our first house and bought brand new, much needed furniture, so this didn't come at a good time.Way to go Jackson Hewitt!!

Review about: Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparation.

Had an Experience with Jackson Hewitt?

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #687746

They may prepare the return for you, but it is ultimately your responsibility to assure that the return is complete. Unfortunately, there are occasions where a client forgets to give the preparer information or the preparer overlooks information provided.

I don't mean to be critical of you-I don't know your situation completely, and everyone has some lessons they learn the hard way.

Lesson One - look over the prepared return carefully to make sure everything is included.

Lesson Two - wait til you get the refund check before you spend the money. With electronic return filing and direct deposit this is usually about 10 days.

Lesson Three - Was your refund really over $4,000? You are letting the govt use your money during the year interest-free.

Lesson Four - choose carefully who prepares your returns. Get a referral from someone and avoid "walk-in" type operations. There are many good preparers who are reasonable in fee - CPAs, EAs, etc.